Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chica Chica Cherry Season

Mmm... It's cherry season in Barcelona and that means that everyone should get down to the Boqueria and pick up a kilo of the scrumptious/sumptuous fruit. I just did. I feel like I've already had the longest day already. It started at 8:30 when my yoga instructor came banging at the door. I love yoga and all, but I feel like such a rude awakening does not lead to a Zen-filled day. In any event, my mood changed as quickly as the weather in Barcelona! I had a fantastic lunch with my friend Megan (we discussed "the boy") at Mama's Cafe in the Raval and then afterwards we did a little shopping at those adorable stores along C/ Doctor Dou. I picked up a few trinkets, nothing too exciting though. Next we stopped off at the Boqueria where we had a field day at one of the fruit and vegetable stands. I have to say....shopping at markets is one of the best parts of living in this city...I mean, I don't think I ever stepped foot into a supermarket in NY (ew I don't even want to imagine it!), but here I can't seem to stay away.
Well, last night at Shoko was a blast as expected. Tonight I'm going to a dinner party at an American friend's apartment then we're all heading to Otto Zutz do get our grooves on to some hip hop!
Hope to see you there!

Dos Besos,
VIParina

No comments: