Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ikea, not for the Faint of Heart

Hey you all!
I bet you thought I forgot about you, but I haven't! Don't you worry... I think about you all the time! The truth is...I've been in Betty Ford (the bar that is) for those of you who haven't been there, it's in the raval, across the street from the Manchester. I kind of like the place, it's a very hipster crowd (young and too cool for school in some cases). The drinks are enormous and at times seem a bit overwhelming, especially if you're itching to change venues, but a great bargain at 5 euros each! I also checked out a few other places I haven't frequented in the past such as: The Republic on Sant Joan, where I almost kicked ass in a trivia quiz (key word ALMOST) and this place called the Flamingo that is very often frequented by Swedish Folks.
I also spent a very large amount of time ultimamente in the wonder that is Ikea. Who doesn't have a love hate relationship with that place? You tell me! The staff are pretty unhelpful, except those at the end of the long line in the info station and hello you have to carry and then assemble your own stuff. Anyway I've had to spend the last 2 days in yoga classes and massage parlors!
This week is a quiet one...I'm actually working on a project, which I'll let you know about as soon as possible. I also am preparing for the arrival of some very great, fun friends from the U.S. who are arriving next week.
Tomorrow I'll let you know the lineup for the weekend!
Hope you didn't miss me too much (though I secretly hope you did)!!

Dos Besos,
VIParina

No comments: